This blog is dedicated to all angling fanatics both within South Africa and abroad. Run by self-proclaimed amateurs, myself Ross and fellow bass enthusiast Shaun ‘Bass Bugger’ Taylor it serves to hopefully improve our angling skills through on going interaction between ourselves and other equally eager anglers. Over the next year or so we will be posting stories and photographs relating to our own personal experiences, hopefully offering advice, tips, and techniques that work for us, while perhaps attracting advice from any of you anglers out there who feel that you can teach us a thing or two. Please feel free to leave your comments and criticisms and in that way perhaps we can all help each other to someday become better and maybe even great anglers.
9 responses to “About TheBassBoat”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Return to the Vaal
- The Carp King trading cards!
- Huge Kob (Revisited)
- More Golden Slabs
- Fat Bass
- Yellow Summer!!!
- Fly-reel Storage
- Trout Time
- Another Day at the Local
- Easter Angling
- Piping hot Magma (Banax)
- Club Waters
- Our Little Mteri
- Yellow Fever with Chris Le Roux
- Slab of Gold: My Personal Best
- Yellows: Few and Far Between
- Parasites or Pollution?
- The Vaal, AGAIN….
- Arabie Dam
Get Hooked! Subscribe to this blog!
General Fishing Pics
- Bass Fishing Home
- Bass Resource
- Bassmaster Index
- Colin Daniels: fellow amateur fisherman
- Fat Guy Fly Fishing
- Fishing Frenzy
- Fishing the Western Cape Waters
- Fishtec under water mapping by Fishton
- Float tubes .co.za
- Fly Fishing Traditions
- Gregor ultimate fisherman
- Jersey Angler
- Mavungana Fly-Fishing centre
- Moriti Fishing and Wildlife
- RichZ's Bass Blog
- Russell ‘Carp King’ Manchip
- Spooled Reel
- SwittersB and Fly Fishing
- Where Wise Men Fish
- Will and Dre!
- Add new tag angling arabie dam aruka shad Australia banax banax magma barbel Bass Bass-O-Mania boats Boskop Dam brushhog Caenan camping carp Carp King catfish chinese silver carp dam Duck and Trout dullstroom dunebug equipment explorer fishing float tube Float tubes fly-fishing Footloose trout farm harries pancakes homestead jackel journey v-boat Kabeljou kariba kob lake largemouth lilly pads line lures middle dam Mudfish platties pollution ranibow trout reel reels rhenosterkop river rods rovex Russell Manchip rust de winter Salt Water senko sensation shimano skii world smallmouth yellowfish Spinnerbait sports Stanley Wedge super cast Super Fluke tiger fish tips trout Vaal River vundu yamamoto Yellowfish ymamamoto stretch 40
February 15th, 2007 at 7:42 pm
Hello there ya ‘bass-tards!’ Quite a shweet looking site! – hope you get some more comments soon – cause you know i can’t help (all i keep catching is beaver!)
November 5th, 2008 at 10:28 am
I’m unable to comment on your blog, keep getting “discarded”. Anyway. I’m thinking about either getting http://www.bassboys.info or bassboys.co.za as my new domain.
Going to setup a new theme, plugins etc. Any suggestions?
March 26th, 2009 at 1:41 pm
Awesome site! You have way more bass pics than I do. It looks like you all have very good bass fishing in your neck of the woods. Take Care and keep in fishing.
February 20th, 2012 at 11:34 am
I would like to know from you Juvenile mongoose / bass addicts that if one dips his bait into some yellow die will this attract more bass or not?
February 20th, 2012 at 11:59 am
No Frikkie, but banging dance floor Treffers 2011 on your boat should do the trick. best regards.
February 20th, 2012 at 12:03 pm
I would like to thank you for this response and I shall keep the treffers going and carry on chasing that dragon…. Kind Regards
October 2nd, 2012 at 11:38 am
I read the article on “our little Mteri of Jan 2012”
Can you give more info on the dam? Name would be great 🙂
I will be taking my 3 youngsters, 10, 11 and 12 fishing tomro.
Young Bass Fanatics so thought I might enquire about other dams.
Alternatively it is off to Rhenosterkop.
October 29th, 2012 at 1:17 pm
unfortunately the little materi is out of commission at the moment as noone is allowed to fish there. i would definitely make the trek out to rhenosterkop, i love that dam. Boskop dam in Potchefstroom is also a great alternative, some amazing fish coming out of there lately and always the chance of catching some smallmouth bass too!
November 27th, 2015 at 6:22 am
I need more carp king cards, manchip is pretty mad that everyone at school found this site
Could you please put on the next card the real quote “this field is as bumpy as my cabbage patch at home”